Silky Chocolate Pudding
Creamy and protein-rich
If you’re looking for new ways to use tofu and are craving a sweet but healthy dessert, this recipe is for perfect. Silken tofu paired with dates, chocolate and maple syrup are blended up for the ultimate protein-packed pudding.
This recipe is:
If you love this pudding, try our Cranberry Lemon and Yogurt Muffins next.
Recipes like this
Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Crispy Glazed Tofu
Cozy Bean & Lentil Red Wine Chili
Creamy Lentil Broccoli Pasta
Pumpkin Seed Meatballs
Silky chocolate pudding
- 1 blender
- 1 block silken lite firm tofu (349g)* or soft dessert regular tofu
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-6 dates soaked for several hours
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Soak dates in water for a few hours, then drain.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place into dishes and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
*Note: You can use either kind of tofu, but the silken variety will give you an extra creamy texture.
Calories: 158.73kcalCarbohydrates: 31.59gProtein: 5.71gFat: 3.11gSaturated Fat: 0.73gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.38gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.69gSodium: 6.37mgPotassium: 512.58mgFiber: 3.7gSugar: 24.29gVitamin A: 13.41IUCalcium: 57.35mgIron: 1.83mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Watch Emma make ‘Silky Chocolate Pudding’