Silky Chocolate Pudding
Creamy and protein-rich
If you’re looking for new ways to use tofu and are craving a sweet but healthy dessert, this recipe is for perfect. Silken tofu paired with dates, chocolate and maple syrup are blended up for the ultimate protein-packed pudding.
This recipe is:
If you love this pudding, try our Cranberry Lemon and Yogurt Muffins next.
Recipes like this
Silky chocolate pudding
- 1 blender
- 1 block silken lite firm tofu (349g)* or soft dessert regular tofu
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-6 dates soaked for several hours
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Soak dates in water for a few hours, then drain.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place into dishes and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
Recipe Cost Breakdown
|Silken Lite Firm Tofu||1||Block||2.97|
|Unswt. Cocoa powder||¼||Cup||0.58|
|Cost per serving||6||1.15|
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Watch Emma make ‘Silky Chocolate Pudding’