Nutty potato curry
Flavourful & fiber-rich
For those evenings you don’t have a lot of time but need a hearty, tasty meal to fill your family up, this nutritious Nutty Potato Curry using everyday ingredients is simple, quick to make, and packed with flavour!
This recipe is:
If you love this chili, try our Cozy Bean & Lentil Red Wine Chili next.
More budget-friendly recipes:
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Nutty Potato Curry
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, diced small
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp curry powder (to taste)
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 can (398 ml) chickpeas, with juice
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 can (398 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- salt (to taste)
- fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Warm a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot add a splash of olive oil or water and place diced onions in the pan. Sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic, potatoes, curry powder and a pinch of salt. Toss everything together and cook for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally. If needed turn the heat down and/or add a splash of water to make sure the potatoes do not stick and the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Once the potatoes have softened add the apple, chickpeas (with juice), peanut butter, tomato sauce and water. Mix everything together well and bring to a simmer.
- Once the sauce is simmering turn the heat to medium-low and cook until sauce has thickened and the potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally (this should take another 10 minutes or so).
- Taste and season with additional curry powder or salt if desired.
- Serve over rice or another grain, and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired.
|Tomato sauce||1||can (398 ml)||0.35|
Watch Emma make ‘Nutty Potato Curry’