Blueberry french toast
Fresh and Flavourful
A plant-based twist on a classic breakfast, this delicious French toast is the perfect start to your day, or try it at any meal!
This French toast is:
- Full of flavour
- Light and airy
If you love this French toast, try our Cranberry Lemon Yogurt Muffins next and read our blog post to learn more about choosing the best plant-based milk for your needs.
Recipes like this
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Blueberry French Toast
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp allspice (or cinnamon)
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 loaf day-old multigrain bread
Optional ingredients for serving
- blueberries or other fruit
- maple syrup
- coconut whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- In a blender combine all ingredients, except bread. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture into a pie plate or casserole dish and set aside.
- Slice bread into thick slices. Heat a non-stick pan over medium – medium-high heat. Using tongs, dip each piece of bread in the batter, coating both sides evenly. Place the bread on the hot pan and cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Place cooked slices into the oven to keep warm until all the slices are ready. Serve immediately with fresh blueberries (or other fruit), maple syrup and coconut whipped cream if desired!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!