crispy Glazed tofu
Satisfying and protein-rich
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to add more protein to your meals, try this crispy glazed tofu recipe. Other flavourful glazes of equal parts liquid sweetener + liquid salt can be used with this method, and the resulting cubes are a tasty addition to salads, stir fries and grain bowls.
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
Recipes like this
Crispy glazed tofu
- 1 block Extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or alternative like tamari
- olive oil, for frying
- Cut the block of extra firm tofu into cubes.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and soy sauce to make the glaze.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high. When hot, add tofu.
- Fry tofu until brown. Turn the cubes individually towards the end to brown evenly.
- When tofu cubes are brown, add the glaze to the pan.
- Stir to coat evenly and cook until glaze is absorbed.
- Enjoy in salads, bowls, wraps, stir fries, or on their own!
Recipe Cost Breakdown
|Extra Firm Tofu||1||3.69|
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Watch Emma make ‘Crispy Glazed Tofu’