Nutrient-dense breakfast smoothie
Fast & filling
Need peak brain functioning in the morning? This smoothie packs a punch when it come to giving your body the nutrients it desires after a night’s sleep.
This recipe is:
- Great for workouts
- Great for working at a desk
If you love this on-the-go recipe, try our Trail Mix Snack Balls next.
Recipes like this
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Nutrient-Dense Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 blender
- .667 cup water and/or plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- .25 cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp plant-based yogurt
- .25 cup frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 1 handful greens like spinach or kale
- 2 ice cubes (or as desired)
- Add chia seeds, flax seeds, oats, and water or milk to bottom of blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, while the chia seeds work to absorb the water.
- You may find one smoothie to be too much food for the morning – put in the refrigerator and save as a snack for later.
Recipe cost breakdown
|Plant based yogurt||2||Tbsp||0.28|
|Cost per serving||1.97|