Vegan ‘Fish’ Sauce
Simple & versatile
This Vegan ‘Fish’ Sauce is an easy plant-based version of a classic recipe.
This sauce is:
- Full of flavour
- Easy to make
- Freezer friendly
Try this Vegan ‘ Fish’ Sauce with our Vegan Pad Thai.
Recipes like this
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Vegan ‘fish’ sauce
Vegan 'fish' sauce
- 2/3 cup Wakame or other dried seaweed chopped or crushed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic
- a few dried mushrooms optional
- Combine ingredients in a small pot.
- Boil for about 20min, until reduced by over half and very salty.
- Strain out the solids and keep the sauce in a clean for up to 2 weeks.
Serving InformationUse ‘fish’ sauce in any recipe that calls for fish sauce. Makes a great savoury marinade for tofu or many other recipes.
Recipe Cost Breakdown
|Vegan ‘fish’ sauce||3||Tbsp||.22|