Black bean and cilantro dip
Andrea Potter, Rooted NutritionThis dip is an easy and simple plant-based recipe – perfect for a quick, healthy snack. This dip is:– a twist on the classic hummus recipe– quick and easy to make– full of fiber– flavorful– plant-based If you love this dip, try our other dip recipes next. You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
- 1 14oz/398ml can black beans (or 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- 1 pimch chili flakes optional
- Assemble ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with lime and salt, add fresh pepper if desired.
Serving InformationServe with tortilla chips or as a layer in a (vegan) 7-layer dip.
Recipe Cost Breakdown
|Black beans, canned (398ml/14oz)
|Herbs (21g pkg)
Calories: 150kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 6gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 100mgPotassium: 251mgFiber: 6gVitamin A: 146IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!