Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This hummus is an easy and simple plant-based recipe – perfect for a quick, healthy snack. This hummus is:– a twist on the classic hummus recipe– quick and easy to make– full of fiber– flavorful– plant-basedIf you love this hummus, try our other dip recipes next. You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
- 1 14 oz/398 mL can chickpeas (or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas)
- 2 roasted red peppers (fresh or jarred)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- Assemble ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with lemon and salt, add fresh pepper if desired.
Serving InformationEnjoy with veggie sticks, tortilla chips, pita bread, crackers or as a filling for wraps.
Recipe Cost Breakdown
|Beans, canned (398ml/14oz)||1||ea||3.29|
|Roasted fresh peppers||2||ea||2.42|
|Herbs (21g pkg)||5||g||.65|
Calories: 170kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 5gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 109mgPotassium: 241mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1351IUVitamin C: 55mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!