Creamy lentil broccoli pasta
A delicious, creamy, high-protein recipe that is quick and easy to make. Soft tofu provides the creaminess for the sauce while the
nutritional yeast adds a slight cheesy flavour. A gluten-free version can be made by using gluten-free pasta.
- Quick and easy
- Filling and satiating
If you love this pasta, try our 5-minute cashew alfredo sauce next for another creamy cashew-based sauce.
Recipes like this
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Creamy Lentil Broccoli Pasta
- 14 1/8 oz whole wheat penne (or sub other pasta)
- 4 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 2 1/2 cups green lentils (rinsed, canned)
- 1 1/2 cups soft or silken tofu (1 1/2 cups = 12.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or sub lemon juice)
- 3 cloves garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tsp onion powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (or sub 2 tbsps dry)
- Add pasta to boiling water and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Chop broccoli and add to the same pot of water as the pasta. Continue to simmer until both pasta and broccoli are cooked. Turn off stove.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli mix and add back into the cooking pot. Add the canned lentils and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Prepare the sauce by blending the tofu, nutritional yeast (save some yeast to add as garnish), olive oil, lime juice, garlic, onion powder, and sea salt.
- Gently mix the blended sauce with the pasta broccoli and lentil mixture. Plate each portion and garnish with chopped parsley and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Calories: 514kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 29gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 258mgPotassium: 1198mgFiber: 19gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 813IUVitamin C: 63mgCalcium: 226mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!