coconut mango fruit cream
fresh and creamy
Fruit cream is a simple dessert bursting with fresh flavours, perfect to serve in the summer after a meal. This version combines mango and cardamom to round out the flavours and add depth and dimension to an otherwise simple dessert. Here we used a mixture of fresh kiwi and apples along with jarred peaches and maraschino cherries (make sure they’re vegan), but feel free to use what you have on hand and get creative.
This recipe is:
If you love this coconut mango fruit cream, try our Silky Chocolate Pudding next.
Recipes like this
Coconut Mango Fruit Cream
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml), chilled
- 1/2 cup canned mango pulp (can sub with pureed fresh mango if mango pulp is unavailable)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 4 cups fruits of choice
- Scoop the thick part of the coconut milk into a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment. Reserve the liquid for another use, such as smoothies.
- Whip the coconut milk until smooth, then add the mango pulp and cardamom powder. Continue whipping until most of the lumps are gone. Don’t worry if it seems thin, it will firm up when chilled.
- In a separate bowl, prepare your fruit into bite size pieces. Feel free to use any mix of fruit that you have on hand or even a can of drained and rinsed fruit cocktail.
- Combine the whipped coconut mixture with the fruit and stir gently. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Stir gently again once removed from the fridge and serve cold.
Recipe Cost Breakdown
|Canned Coconut Milk
|Canned Mango pulp
|Fruits of choice (i.e. Mango, Grapes, Strawberries, blueberries)
|Cost per serving
You can also subscribe to PlantUniversity to receive a plant-based recipe in your inbox each week. Adding more plant-based foods into your routine helps animals, your health, and the planet!
Watch Ishtmeet make ‘Coconut Mango Fruit Cream’